Skip to main content

Michigan State University masthead

Eli Broad College of Business



Since its original dedication in 1975, the Management Education Center’s mission has remained the same – to serve as a resource for the Southeast Michigan business community.

The MEC owes its existence to the foresight and generosity of the Greater Detroit Management Education Center Foundation — a group of corporate leaders, university officials and Executive MBA alumni. As a result of their fund raising efforts, Chrysler donated the 20-acre site on the corner of Crooks Road and Square Lake Road, General Motors supplied the engineering and design work through its Argonaut Realty Division, Ford Motor Co. gave a large cash donation. Other major companies such as IBM and BorgWarner just to name a few, made significant contributions to the Centers technology, equipment, furnishings and décor. Upon completion, the foundation donated the building to Michigan State University’s Eli Broad Graduate School of Management.

The building has approximately 25,000 square feet of meeting space, with nine conference rooms, including two large amphitheaters and a 400-person capacity auditorium, in addition to a large, newly-remodeled dining room and ample reception space.

Top Part of Logo

Management Education Center

811 West Square Lake Road, Troy, MI 48098
248-879-2456 Voice, Fax, Text
facebook linkedin youtube

Eli Broad College of Business

Michigan State University

Contact Information Site Map Privacy Statement Site Accessibility
Call MSU: (517) 355-1855 Visit: MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. Notice of Nondiscrimination
SPARTANS WILL. © Michigan State University